Never introduced myself... oops here we go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewin_CRAZY

Reaction score
Lets see a little background on myself, I am currently a student at Oregon State University where I am studying to get my Masters degree in Chemical Engineering (got my undergrad at OSU in chemical engineering as well). I am hoping to finish up here in the next three months. I am from Portland Oregon but currently reside in Corvallis as thats where I go to school.
I started home brewing when I was an undergrad about 5 years ago but had to take an unfortunate break when school took over so there was a year or two when I hardly brewed at all. But home brewing had a good hold of me as I took a few graduate level fermentation science courses (and yes they even went toward my degree) and it really opened up my eyes to the world of beer. My goals are to either go into silicon processing or nanotechnology (my specialties) or to somehow find a good local brewery or distillery.
My current setup is a three tier all grain gravity fed 5-15 gallon setup. Its a little rough but it gets the job done for now until im out of school and have the money to make something better. I have more carboys than I know what to do with and three modified kegs (hand built by my father) that can ferment/distill/hot liquor tank/kettle... whatever I need at the time. My most recent purchase (few months ago) was a glass front wine fridge. Took out all the shelves and it fits two corny kegs (a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon) and im modifying it to fit two 5 gallon kegs. I was given two 20 lb CO2 tanks in the past with a sankey and a mcmins keg coupler which now sit dormant and the tanks are hooked up to cornies. I installed an all stainless steel tower with two faucets, im so happy to be done with bottling.
I try to scour the fourms to questions that I can answer/ help answer as it helps me out a ton as well. The guys that moderate this site really do a great job and I know im not the first to say this but im happy its here. Whenever there is a question its sure to be answered on these forums. Or just google it and it will take you here :drunk: (thats how I found them).

So thats all about me, haha its a lot. I kinda started to ramble. The cut and dry of it is that I love to brew and these forums do nothing but help!

Wassup Brewin CRAZY, sounds like you got a nice setup there. These forums are a lot of help, I don't brew beer yet, but I make wine

Lot's of helpful people here

NICE, my dad primarily makes wine and hard cider, im slowly converting him to beer as well tho. Nothing beats the home made stuff!!!!

No its a horrible hobby that has a gravitational pull, slowly but surely sucking you in until you are either broke or delirious, im both, haha. Yea its a great hobby.
I will be sure to post my rig when I get a chance to take the pics. Ill be gone until Wednesday though. Ill warn you in advance, the rig, not so pretty....

Back