• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Neoprene sheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
Looking for a piece of neoprene to make a jacket for my BK when I do larger batches to help the boil along. I would need it 72" x 24". If any one has any or would know a place I could get it with good pricing, let me know.

Have you considered a heat stick? They are cheap. I'm not sure insulating the BK will help much unless your in a very cold climate. Just a thought.

I already have a 5500w element in the kettle. If I could find a solution where I don't have to make the meter spin faster that would be best lol.

What about a neoprene yoga mat??? My wife has a bunch of these things and I'd swear that a few are neoprene....

Have you considered something like this?
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___47726

I was looking at some neoprene sheets at local fastener/industrial surplus place to insulate my MLT. They were kind of pricey for 3/16" thick and largest sheets were 48" long - my keggle is about 52" around.
But, they also had 3/4" closed cell foam 40x62 for 13 bucks, enough left for bottom/top pieces. Pic below.........
You have me thinking about getting a couple more for HLT and BK:mug:

2013-01-24 07.54.07.jpg

^^ That would actually work perfect. Perfect size too! As soon as I'm done modding the kettle for whirlpool, i'll probably pick that up.

Back