Nelson Sauvin Polaris test batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrVix

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with either variety so Tuesday I brewed a small test batch IPA. I split the batch in half, hopped half with Nelson Sauvin and the other half with Polaris. I added a first wort hop addition, a 60 min, 20 min, and 5 min additions to both batches. Anyone have any suggestions for a hop to pair with Nelson Sauvin or Polaris for the next test batches?

Not a suggestion, but I have been really wanting to try Polaris since reading its description in _For the Love of Hops_. So let me know how that goes!

sorry I didn't respond to your post. I've been on vacation for a couple weeks...Well the Nelson Sauvin batch was kinda strange...a touch of sweet, a little sour, slight citrus, just unusual. The Polaris batch was hearty... No citrus, kinda fruity and spicey. I think that either hop would really benefit from and work well with the addition of other hop varieties.

I did NB's Kiwi Express IPA which used Nelson Savin for bittering and Wakatau and motekua for flavor, aroma, and dry hop. Was amazing!

I let the Polaris single hop IPA condition for another month. I just shared a case with some friends, wow, what a difference a month made. Just an outstanding beer. I will definately brew this again.

Back