Needle on keg PSI gauge "twitching"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanbear1

Reaction score
Hello, I tried searching for an answer online, and couldn't find much, so I figured I'll start a new thread to ask.

This is my first time kegging, and for the first several days things appeared fine. Trying to tap my out line was clogged, and it took a lot of work but finally beer is dispensing. Now I have a new issue. Or maybe it's not an issue, I can't tell.

As the title says the needle is twitching just a bit, shoots up about 1 psi, then falls 1 psi, then shoots back up.

I have tried re tightening everything, and have also narrowed it down To something to do with the CO2 line I think. When the check valve is sealed it does not move, but when it's open it does. Additionally I disconnected the line from the keg, opened the check valve, and the twitching occurred. Additionally I switched the keg connector and it still happens.

So, first is this a problem? Second, any more ideas of how to fix it?

Latest posts

Back