need some suggestions, want to do some experiments before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZipoX

Reaction score
Hi to all of you!
I want to do some experiments with the beer before bottling, I think I want to try to mix it with cinnamon, honey, lemon and vanilla (not all of them together, every single thing in a bottle). I want to see what tast will I have in my beer.
My question is how to do it?

For the spices I would make a tea with them by soaking them in boiling water and letting it cool before adding it to the beer. I have done this with pumpkin spices for a pumpkin ale. For the lemon I would zest it (yellow only not down to the white) and mix it with a little vodka and add that. Vanilla if you are using an actual bean I would split it with a knife and scrape the inside off, and put the paste from the inside in a little vodka and then add that. You could also probably split a small section of the bean and soak the whole bean. Honey you would probably add to the bottle instead of priming sugar...Very little bit? Not sure on that one. :mug:

And rather just add them willy-nilly, I'd get a medicine dropper or pipette and add drops to 1-2oz of beer at a time to dial in the flavor that you're looking for. Then, scale up to 12oz for the final, full-bottle additions.

I thought you were working on your first batch?

K.I.S.S.

first of all yes, I am working on my first batch, but i want to try some experiments because I have 20L of beer, it's a lot.
seconde of all, what is the meaning of K.I.S.S?

first of all yes, I am working on my first batch, but i want to try some experiments because I have 20L of beer, it's a lot.
seconde of all, what is the meaning of K.I.S.S?

Keep It Simple...........

OK thanks, but you didnt understand me, I dont want to make it special, I just want to see what happens to the beer, to tast and to use it in the future in my own recipe. just to experiment!!

buy several 1 gallon jugs. separate the beer into the jugs (fill each about half way) then add your test ingredients. stick an airlock on them and let them go for a week or two. then taste and bottle.

Back