Need Oppinions: (Dry Dock Paragon Apricot Blonde)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpionsix

Reaction score
Hello!

I brewed a Dry Dock Paragon Apricot Blonde from Northern Brewer last weekend and everything went perfectly. I opted for a yeast starter and the fermentation also went smoothly. Finally, I added the Vintner's Harvest Apricot Puree on the third day as instructed.

My question is in regards to the 4oz Apricot Extract and whether or not to add it to the Keg when the fermentation is done. Has anyone used the Dry Dock Paragon Apricot Blonde extract kit and if so, what was your experience with the Apricot Extract?

I don't want the Apricot flavor to overwhelm the beer, but do want there to be enough of a subtle flavor to make it enjoyable when its 115 degree's outside in the Phoenix summer.

Thanks in advance!

I made that one last Summer, and was very pleasantly surprised. I have never tried the original, so didn't know what to expect. The apricot was subtle and added good flavor to the bear, it didn't taste like fruit punch or some teeny-bopper beer. Oh, and I just followed the recipe as-is, no changes.

I have brewed it both ways, with and without extract. I actually am against extracts on principal, but think that for this beer, it adds a fullness that is more apricot flavored.

I am 20 min. from Dry Dock, have had this beer many times, it's wonderful all summer!

I have brewed it both ways, with and without extract. I actually am against extracts on principal, but think that for this beer, it adds a fullness that is more apricot flavored.

I am 20 min. from Dry Dock, have had this beer many times, it's wonderful all summer!

Can you compare the recipe you brewed to the beer from Dry Dock?

Back