Need more GT Synergy Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katela

Reaction score
Hi, I reuse the GT synergy bottles when I bottle for secondary ferment. Am now making Kombucha for several family members and friends so am looking for more bottles. Does anyone have any recommendations for sources? Thanks! Kate

Hi, I reuse the GT synergy bottles when I bottle for secondary ferment. Am now making Kombucha for several family members and friends so am looking for more bottles. Does anyone have any recommendations for sources? Thanks! Kate

I have about 20 GT bottles that I don't re-use any more for Kombucha. But, you probably don't live nearby. I don't use them because they don't carbonate the KT well anymore. I'm guessing the lids get old after a while. So, I now use 12oz or 22oz beer bottles along with flip top bottles. You can purchase bottles at a home brew shop or re-use bottles from purchased beer. home brew shops also carry bottle caps and cappers(wing capper).
I hope this info helps

Thanks very much for both your responses. Am in Nor California (Sac area) so if in unlikely event fairly close, I'll pick up. What's the chance? Thanks for offer though. :)

I have about 120 GT bottles already. Long-standing Kombucha habit here! Bought & recycled many before starting to save... after figuring out how to brew myself. GT's has always been go-to brand.

However, now that brew myself, I much prefer my own so don't want to buy more at $2.99 & 3.99 just for bottle.

Btw, if anyone else reuses GT bottles for Kombucha, I found replacement caps at Fillmore Container. Much better than original. I've always been lucky with amt of carbonation on home brew. Replacement caps make it even better. :)

Hi Katela

Thanks for the tip for Fillmore Container. They have so many lids, can you share which specific model you've found works with the GTS containers?

Thanks!

I bottle exclusively in flip top bottles, you can buy them by thee case, the lids never get lost, they are repairable, cant beat them.

Sorry, thought I'd already responded here.
Maybe was trying to respond on the phone or something & response got lost...

The lids I bought from fillmore were 38/400 CT Black Plastic Ribbed PolyCone Lined Phenolic Cap. Supposedly designed for enhancing carbonation. I haven't noticed real difference in this area. I've been really lucky with amount of carbonation mine get, have no idea why but it's always been good.

All around the lids seem to be doing the job well & fit GT bottles very well. It's also nice that they come apart for washing. I was also very pleased with service from Fillmore. I mailed them a GT bottle cap and they sent me recommendations for alternative caps based on what I was bottling. Really nice service. In reply, rep sent me several options. The one I bought & like is above. There was another but I don't remember which it was so someone would need to contact them again for additional alternatives.

Just buy beer bottles and a capper. It is so much easier. You also don't have to hunt people down to get to bottles back.

Just getting started in Kombucha so doing research on bottling options. As a homebrewer I was hoping I could re-use my beer bottles and caps. However, I have read/watched many that say Kombucha pressurizes to a higher level >60psi than beer. Beer bottles only rated at maybe 50psi.

Back