Need Labels & a brewery name.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I would like some labels for my brew that I bottle and give away as gifts, but my artistic ability is about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 100 (hundred being DaVinci).

I am, however, very good at making beer and BBQ, so I propose a trade (I love the barter system).

I need labels designed for my Haus Pale Ale, Kölsch, and Bavarian Hefeweizen. The need to fit on an Avery 3.4"x4" removable label.

If someone would like to help me make labels & come up with a brewery name, I will personally create the best BBQ pulled pork, pull it, vacume pack it, freeze it, and ship it overnight along with my own home made sauce and some of my Apfelwein.

Any takers?

EdWort said:
the best BBQ pulled pork my own home made sauce
RECIPE please cant help ya with the lables but a brewery name shouldnt be a problem I wll chime in later with my input
I thought you were brewing????
JJ

I've decided on Bee Cave Brewery. I live in Bee Cave, Texas, near Austin and I just snagged www.beecavebrewery.com, so I'm sticking with it.

My 21# of grain today took all of maybe 4 minutes with my barley crusher and a drill.

Heh ok, I'm pretty drunk so don't expect this to be good, but I was bored so I threw together a rough draft for the Haus Pale Ale.

haus.jpg

Rick91981 said:
Heh ok, I'm pretty drunk so don't expect this to be good.

haus.jpg

I'm working on the drunk part myself now after a long day. Ahh the famouse German girls. These frauleins are very well know around the Internet. Thanks for the effort. Now back to beer!

Prost!

Don't know you very well. But I thought something like this might be right up your alley.

Unglaubliches Kleines Haus Brauen Brewery

(Translation = Unbelievable Little Home Brew Brewery)

I am thinking something with a German Tone would suit best.

I just went to babelfish and typed some words that I thought suited you.

Here's a quickie Ed. Literally 15 minutes in photoshop. If you like I'll clean up in illustrator for the pork ;)

Main template for all beers would be:

main.jpg

Quick sample of putting beer name, custom color and image:

hefe.jpg

Looking good so far. Here's a little back ground on Bee Cave, Texas.

BEE CAVES, TEXAS. Bee Caves (Beecaves or Bee Cave) is at the intersection of State Highway 71 and Farm roads 620 and 2244, twelve miles west of Austin in west central Travis County. It was named by early settlers for a large cave of wild bees found near the site.

I live within 2 miles of that first intersection.

Im never getting that BBQ PORK recipe am I :fro: JUST KIDDING but if you do have time Im always looking for good food to serve with my GREAT beer:mug:
JJ

jaybird said:
Im never getting that BBQ PORK recipe am I JUST KIDDING but if you do have time Im always looking for good food to serve with my GREAT beer
JJ

Pulled Pork is pretty easy, but takes time & patience and a good smoker.

First you go to Sam's club and buy some Boston Butt. They come 2 to a package. They are the butt end of a pork shoulder. Rinse them off, pat dry with a paper towel. Then sprinkle Bad Byron's Butt Rub all over and let it marinate overnight.

4ButtsReady.jpg

Next put them in your smoker with Hickory chunks and smoke for about 22 hours at 225 degrees till the internal temp reaches 195 degrees. I use a Big Green Egg which lets me go the whole 22 hours on a single load of lump charcoal.

4ButtsOnEgg.jpg

Here they are after 18 hours in the Big Green Egg.

4ButtsAt18hours.jpg

After they reach 195 internal temp, take them off, wrap in foil and let rest for about 30 minutes in cooler. Then unwrap and with two forks, pull the pork. I use plastic claws called Hungry Bear Paws.

4ButtsPulled.jpg

Now for my NC Style Vinegar based BBQ sauce.

Ingredients:
1 Pint cider vinegar
4 Tbs Sea Salt
2 Tbs Turbinado Sugar
1 tsp Ground Chipotle - McCormicks
1 tsp Ground Cayenne

Preparation Directions:

Get a 1/2 Liter bottle of water. Pour the water in a glass and drink it. Using a funnel put all the dry ingredients in the water bottle. Top it off with Cider Vinegar. Put the cap back on and shake it up. Let stand as long as possible, at least ½ a day, but the longer the better. It's best used in plastic "Ketchup Style" squirt bottle you can pickup at the grocery store for about a buck.

Ed, you had some really nice apfelwein labels, IIRC. Couldn't find them in your gallery when I looked quick. I'd go with something clean and simple; can you re-post those labels so that I can get some ideas from them?

Ed!

That looks incredible!

Hardcore proof that you must have moved to Texas from somewhere that really knows BBQ! ;)

woohoo!

ws

the_bird said:
Ed, you had some really nice apfelwein labels, IIRC. Couldn't find them in your gallery when I looked quick. I'd go with something clean and simple; can you re-post those labels so that I can get some ideas from them?

Are you talking about this one?

Apfelweinbottle.jpg

All three elements are part of Apfelwein. The Apfelwein Bembel (pitcher) the gerippte (Glass) and the Apple.

Thanks!

I know they were all related to apfelwein, but I was thinking of the clean-ness, the simplicity of the lines; I really liked that, and whatever you decide on, I would try and go in that general direction. Maybe play around with some beer-related images that are in that same vein.

Thanks ya'll for all your help. I've decided to go with billpa for the design work. It's going to be a work in progress for a while. He sold me on the idea and his work for oillio looks pretty good.

Ya'll have a standing invite to my house for some BBQ & Apfelwein if you are ever in Austin! Thanks again!

Ed

A new brewery in Bee Cave! aaaaahhhhhh. I don't know when you're going to be up and running, but I can guarantee you'll get some of my beer $'s. :mug:

texas red said:
A new brewery in Bee Cave! aaaaahhhhhh. I don't know when you're going to be up and running, but I can guarantee you'll get some of my beer $'s. :mug:

It's a goal of mine some day to have a brew pub selling my brew & BBQ in Bee Cave. BBBC.

Ha right on Ed, like I've told you my parents live down Cuernavaca...if you ever set up your bbq and brewpub stand I'll be there.

Hey where is the mythical "bee cave"? Lived out there for quite awhile but never heard where it was.

Hey I bet your pretty steamed about that mall going in huh?

Back