Need Keezer Door Insulation Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickass

Reaction score
I’m looking for something that’ll help insulate my keezer door. What’s everyone out there using to this? Here’s a picture of my setup
C25632F9-B3DB-4EB8-8EAC-D4AFFE4BDE2A.jpeg

I primed then painted with 100% acrylic paint, then bonded some 1" thick high-R rigid foam board to it...

Cheers!

[edit] fwiw, some folks just slap a section of FRP sheet on and call it done :)

Last edited:
Yup, go to your local big box hardware and pick up some 1" foam, either the white stuff or the pink stuff. Get some Gorilla glue and glue to the door. Gorilla glue works great with the foam. I have done tests for a camper project and it holds really well.

And top whatever you do with something reflective like aluminum foil facing inwards. If it reflects light it also reflects heat.

I insulated my keezer collar with XPS and clad it with uPVC. Gorilla glue mainly. Finished with 'bathroom' silicone sealant. Dogs bollocks really. I still get to use it as a freezer, if needed. Pretty sure it works great on a fridge project too 👍

700853-IMG-0417.JPG

Last edited:
I insulated my keezer collar with XPS and clad it with uPVC. Gorilla glue mainly. Finished with 'bathroom' silicone sealant. Dogs bollocks really. I still get to use it as a freezer, if needed. Pretty sure it works great on a fridge project too 👍
What freezer is that with the stainless interior? My frigidaire is popping rust spots after about 5 years.

View attachment 773933
What a beautiful job,

Cheers

Joe

Latest posts

Back