Need help with my sake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timofey Gorlov

Reaction score
I need some help or advise with my sake making.
Two month ago I started my sake but after cooking my rice I decided to blend it in blender into uniform jelly. It was fermenting during last two months and now it's time to filter it but it looks like this type of liquid jelly is not filtered at all. Picture is attached. Now it is like liquid yogurt but not liquid enough. Any recommendation? What I can do at this point? Is there any way to continue or boost fermentation? I want to extract fluid from the "pulp".
IMG-20210117-WA0013.jpg

Is it still fermenting? If so, wait for it to finish and settle. If it isn't fermenting you could always try to cold crash it to make the solids settle...
Otherwise, you might have to drink nigori sake.
The other option is to put it into a filtration bag to filter out the solids. I use a paint strainer bag to reduce the solids in my rice wine.

Is it still fermenting? If so, wait for it to finish and settle. If it isn't fermenting you could always try to cold crash it to make the solids settle...
Otherwise, you might have to drink nigori sake.
The other option is to put it into a filtration bag to filter out the solids. I use a paint strainer bag to reduce the solids in my rice wine.
Yes, it's still fermenting 2 bubbles/minute. Slow but stable. And upper layer is turning into milky fluid and lower into sour cream type pulp. I think I will wait. As I said filtering is useless. I use 50 micron mesh and all my sake going through and nothing is filtering.

Back