Need help make a recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bock

Reaction score
Hi, i'm still new to homebrew. I dit 5-6 exract batch from kit like AHS or morebeer.

I have some ingredients left and i would try to make a recipe with this.

I have 12lbs light DME
1lbs carafoam

and i have lot of cascade and nugget in whole leaf.

Yeast i got dry nottingham pack and liquid Wyeast American ale 2

I woulk like to make a beer that will be simple and if i had to put something else in the recipe, something found in the grocery. LHBS is far from where i live and i want to brew tomorrow!

Thank you very much!

Using just those ingredients, you would have a very simple beer -- almost to the point of being boring. However, there is enough DME to pack a pretty good punch, if you want to go that route. I'd like to see a little Crystal malt to give the beer some unfermentables and color, but your LHBS is too far away....

You could consider adding some fruit, perhaps. Some raspberries in the secondary might be interesting -- I'd suggest going easy on the hops in that case.

6 lbs DME
1 lb Carafoam
Nugget for bittering to around 35 IBUs at 60 minutes
1 ozs Cascade for flavor at 10 minutes
1 ozs Cascade for aroma at 0 minutes
1 ozs Cascade dry hop.
American Ale yeast.

Crystal 60 would be better than Carafoam, but go with what you have.

Hmm how can i know how much nugget i need to have 35 IBUs?

Hmm how can i know how much nugget i need to have 35 IBUs?

According to brewtarget 3/4 oz @ 60min boil will give you 36.3 IBU for a 5 gal batch assuming 13% alpha

If your not doing a full boil id add a full ounce and you should be close

Ok, im not doing a full boil so i will put 1oz for 60min. thank you!

Back