Need help kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithw44

Reaction score
I'm kegging my rasberry cider Thursday night need help. It was in primary for 6-7 weeks then went to secondary over 2 1/2 pounds of raspberries for 2-3 weeks fruit is white I was told to rack after this happens so cider doesnt get tart from seeds. I used a cote de blanc yeast what I need help with is do I back sweeten? If so what do I use...some pple use orchard hill apple/rasberry concentrate and add potassium sorbate and sulfite is this
Needed to kill the yeast when kegging?and how much would i use? If I dont do this what are my other options to backsweeten or should I skip
It altogether? Thanks for any help

Only you can decide if your cider needs sweetening. Since you are kegging, I'd hold off for a couple months. You can always add lactose to sweeten, that won't ferment out. If you didn't add cane sugar to boost the ABV, there's a good chance the cider will not need to be sweeter.

You should have a look at the sticky about yeast and cider experiments.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/results-juice-yeast-sugar-experiments-83060/

It's pretty amazing, really, the amount of info there.

99% of what I know about cider, I got from there.

Back sweetening: Do it of your cider is too bitter/acidic, or you like sweet cider

You don't need to kill the yeast for kegging. I cold-crash mine, and keep it cold. I use ale yeast, so anything leftover is not too perky in kegerator.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back