Need help - Inkbird Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
So I’ll admit to having done absolutely zero research on this topic.

I have a full size upright freezer and I have this Inkbird controller (pics below).

I’m wondering if I can use this controller to turn my freezer into a beer fridge. If so, are there easy to interpret instructions somewhere? The ones that came with the controller aren’t very helpful.

Thanks!

B662110D-488C-4338-AC93-CB332D83695A.jpeg
4915755F-C1AA-4C65-ADD7-8AED25CB677D.jpeg

Yes indeed, and you'd be in plenty of good company.
Not much to it: Plug the 310T into a wall outlet, plug the freezer line cord into the Cool socket, run the temperature probe into the cabinet (some folks just let the lid gasket seal around the cord), pin the probe against a keg with a good piece of insulation over it (I use a ~ 4" square pad of 1" thick closed cell foam and a velcro strap), set the controller to your desired serving temperature, and let 'er rip...

Cheers!

Sounds pretty straightforward.

Some clarity - I’m not using it for a keezer - I want to store all of my beers in there. I’m out of fridge space and it isn’t slowing down any time soon.

Any tips or instructions on the programming bit? That’s where I’m drawing a blank...

Set you cooling differential (cd) to 2-3 degrees, and I set my heating diff way high, just so it never comes on. Other than that, plug and play. Got one controlling my keezer, and one controlling the fermentation chamber freezer.

I’m eventually going to need my heating to come on. I have a small space heater to put in there. Where I live, it can actually go sub-zero inside a freezer inside a garage pretty easily.

I’ll play with it tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it running right.

I’m pretty sure (I could be wrong - lost the manual) that this is a 306T. There are about 10-12 settings on here and everything only has 2-3 characters to describe what it is.

I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing and I can’t find any videos or tutorials online.

Apparently this is a timed controller? I’d prefer it just works all the time. Right now I’ve got it set, I think, at 36. The display for SV reads 36.0 and the probe is sitting on top of the freezer so PV is reading ~61. When I plug it in, nothing happens. I’ve tried both outlets and my freezer isn’t coming on. I assumed with it set to 36 and it reading 61 that my freezer would be running nonstop. I’m assuming this has something to do with the timer setting; but, without a manual, I have no idea.

If anyone has this same controller and is willing to do me a solid, I’d really love a breakdown of all of the settings and what the entered values should be in order to keep it at ~37 degrees and have it perpetually on.

E.G.:

ts1 = xx
ds1 = xx
CA = xx
CF = xx
tr = xx
ts2 = xx
ds2= xx
tAH = xx
tAn = xx
tbH = xx
tbn = xx
CtH = xx
Ctn = xx

I’m really only interested in what I need to set them to; but, if someone is willing to give me an explanation of what each of those settings is, so I can better understand this thing, I’d be super grateful.

Sorry I lost the manual!! I bought this thing several years ago to make a curing chamber for meat and have no clue where I put it. The instructions I CAN find online seem to be in broken English and aren’t helping me much.

Thanks!!

@inkbird

Hahaha. I just found a description on Amazon that says this model doesn’t do cooling!

Thanks! I was able to locate the manual, I just can't really make sense of it. Looking for the "down to earth, guy who doesn't mess with electronics much, cliff's notes, Inkbird ITC-306T for dummies" version!

Regardless, I'm pretty sure, now, that it's a heat only device. I just bought an ITC-308 on Amazon that will be here on Tuesday. Hopefully that will be easier to use and get me headed in the right direction.

Sorry for late reply. Our company just back from travelling. Yes, this model is ITC-306T which has two heating plugs.

Find an active aquarium and reptile forum and list it on those. Should go pretty quick.

I’m not gonna put that much effort into it. We raise chickens and ducks occasionally from eggs so if no one on here needs it, I’ll just stash it until the next time we grow out a batch.

Got the ITC-308 today and it was easy to install. Had it mounted and running within five minutes of opening the package. My beer thanks you, @inkbird

Back