Need bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once got two cases of free bottles from a guy in WA. It was great!

The problem was that shipping, even parcel post, was going to be higher than buying them new from Amazon. It was awful.

Your local recycling center sure does! I worked out a deal early in my bottling days with the local bottle shop in my town. They get hundreds of bottles back each week for a $0.05 bottle refund. I used to stop in when I needed something, paid them $0.05 per bottle and got to sort through whatever they had on hand looking for non-twist offs that were in good shape. Even picked up a bunch of bombers too. Took 'em home, cleaned them and removed labels. Worked great.

I haven't done this in a while since getting kegging equipment but I still use many of them for special beers that I bottle and store or give away, or some styles that I prefer to bottle condition. it is far cheaper than paying $1.00 per bottle from LHBS.

Other option is to go pick up a few cases of beers you like, drink that beer over a few weeks/months and save the bottles. Think of it as free bottles....or free beer!

Search craigslist or post an ad. I see ad's every now and then in my area, looking for or getting rid of. I save bottles that I buy (6 packs from the store) My dad also saves bottles and carriers for me, that works out to be enough for what I use.

Put the word out to your friends and coworkers to save their bottles for you - you'll end up with all you need.

1) Buy 12 pack of your favorite bottled beer.

2) Drink 12 pack.

3) Save bottles.

4) Repeat 1 through 3 until sufficient empty bottles have been acquired.

LHBS should have some or be able to get some.

Thank you for responding, I'm in louisville, ky. I'll give craigslist and recycling places a try.

Back