Need basket for 62qt bayou classic kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cskid

Reaction score
I was gifted a 62qt bayou classic kettle years ago that I've used to brew. The kettle did not come with the stainless basket strainer. I'd like to purchase one for biab however cannot find one online sold separately. Has anyone seen these sold separately? Any other ideas on baskets that might work? I'll be lining any basket with a grain bag. Would like the basket for rigidity when lifting out the heavy wet mash.

I was gifted a 62qt bayou classic kettle years ago that I've used to brew. The kettle did not come with the stainless basket strainer. I'd like to purchase one for biab however cannot find one online sold separately. Has anyone seen these sold separately? Any other ideas on baskets that might work? I'll be lining any basket with a grain bag. Would like the basket for rigidity when lifting out the heavy wet mash.
https://www.bayouclassicdepot.com/c...ssic-62-stainless-steel-stock-pot-basket-b160

Could contact Utah Biodiesel or Arbor Fab to make you one to spec.

Alternately I see them pop up on the FS forum here and there, but you'd have to get somewhat lucky to find dimensions that might work for your kettle. I'll probably be looking to sell a 13.5" diameter x 15" height 400 micron basket once I get my replacement in.

Edit: Or that post above mine - didn't realize Bayou made them specific for those kettles. Holes might be too large though (but you're using a bag, so problem solved)

Latest posts

Back