Need an Alexander Keith's IPA Clone Recipe (guilty pleasure)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Girm100

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been searching for a Keith's IPA all-grain recipe with no luck. It has been several years since the last time the question was posed. Has anyone had success with this?
I am fully aware that this is not a real IPA and that it is a pretty basic, uninspiring beer but I like it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hello,
I have been searching for a Keith's IPA all-grain recipe with no luck. It has been several years since the last time the question was posed. Has anyone had success with this?
I am fully aware that this is not a real IPA and that it is a pretty basic, uninspiring beer but I like it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

There's an interesting post here: https://www.canadianhomebrewers.com/viewtopic.php?t=2904&start=10

Of course that's back when Keith's was actually an IPA but there is some useful info in there (i.e. Keith's yeast source was, at least at that time, from Molson). I doubt there is much, if any crystal in it. Maybe a little bit of very low L crystal. Probably a fair bit of adjunct in it. I get quite a bit of corn sweetness in Keith's. Maybe as a starting point:

OG 1.045 - 1.050 (get a can of Keith's, measure the FG and work backward)
FG ?

75% domestic 2 row pale
25% flaked corn

Hops: ? Not much hop presence in it, I'd shoot for 15 IBU of something neutral.

Wyeast 1272

Start with that and see how close you get?

Latest posts

Back