Need Advise with first keg brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duker

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Pepsi dispenser that has 4 taps, me and some buddies (5) from work will be heading to Talledega in April, I just received (today) the first extract kit I want to brew for my first try at kegging...Big Ben Pale Ale, from here out referred to as Big Ben #7 Pale Ale :rockin: One of my buddies is homebrewing also and will have 2 kegs ready for the trip, Cervesa and and a Bud clone.

Here are a couple of questions-

Will it be ready in time?

I ordered it with a dry yeast pack, should I purchase a liquid yeast locally instead?

Carbonate with sugar or force carbonate with co2?

Thanks ahead for the advise!

1) It depends on how big the Pale Ale is. You can have a low to moderate gravity pale ale turned around by then.

2) Dry yeast vs. liquid yeast depends on preference as well as on what type of beer you're making. There a bunch of good dry yeasts you can use for pale ales.

3) You can go either way. I prefer to force carbonate, but many people prefer to naturally carbonate their kegs.

Kits states should be FG: 1.010-1.014, yeast is Muntons

My buddy force carbonated his first keg brew and it turned out prettyy good.

You will have time. If you use the Munton's yeast (6 gram packs) get another one because one does not seem to do the trick. I would force carbonate it as well.

Back