NB Chinook IPA extract kit fermentation ques

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssiimmoonn

Reaction score
Just in the final stages of the hop additions, a little confused about the bottling bucket/ primary fermentation, i am supposed to use the bottling bucket with the spigot on it for the primary, then add to the glass carboy for secondary, is anyone familiar with this kit,? could i just do one fermentation vessel, ie. just go right into the glass carboy and not do 2 stages? thanks.

Yes. That is what I do. I use the bucket to add the priming sugar then bottle from there.

you just do single fermentation? should i use the bottling bucket for primary or just go right to glass?

you don't need a secondary fermenter unless you are doing the "dry hopping" process (adding more hops after fermentation is complete).

if i were you, and i was not adding dry hops, i would use the glass fermenter as the primary fermenter. i would also use a blowoff hose. i would keep the bottling bucket (the one with the spigot) to use as a dedicated bottling bucket. it is needed to transfer the beer into bottles.

yeah this kit called for dry hops to be added. so i'll use glass for primary, then keep bottling for secondary, and bottle from that as well?thanks for help, dont want to mess this kit up, though sure it will come out fine, hopefully

yeah this kit called for dry hops to be added. so i'll use glass for primary, then keep bottling for secondary, and bottle from that as well?thanks for help, dont want to mess this kit up, though sure it will come out fine, hopefully

Don't use your bottling bucket for a fermentation chamber. Just use your carboy as your primary. There is no real need to ever do a secondary so just dry hop in your primary.

Back