Natural Gas hose and fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alemaker

Reaction score
Been a number of years since I posted here (or brewed for that matter). I'm wanting to take my single tier system from propane to natural gas. I have a 1/2 ball valve ready for me to use on the back patio, so I need a hose and some QD fittings.

This stuff is crazy expensive for what it is. Anyway, after looking at ready to go solutions, and buying hose and fittings separately, I don't think I can do any better than this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8246RU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

From what I can tell, everything is standard 1/2" fittings, so it should just attach to anything 1/2". Does anyone see anything obviously wrong with this for brewing? Seems like a pretty good buy if it's good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, gas hoses are wicked pricey. Somehow I suspect there are legal retainers involved ;)

Anyway, that one looks proper, should be everything you need save for the gas-compatible sealing tape.
I use a very similar hose & disconnect to plumb my propane tank to my single-tier so the tank is a comfortable+ distance away.
Works fine, no leaks at the disconnect interface...

Cheers!

Thanks! Looks like this is the one, unless anyone else has cheaper sources.

I have 2 hoses I'll sell you. Used 12ft 1/2" with 1/2" quick disconnects. I went electric and dont need them. How about $40 for both + shipping. I also have 48" stainless 1/2" gas connectors with natural gas orfices with valves.

Back