Natl Homebrew Day Cap N Cork, who's brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is the annual check in if you're planning to come out to Cap N Cork this Saturday for NATL Homebrew Day, and if you're planning to brew.

I know a few of the usual crowd who brew won't be. But I'm planning to brew a saison, I know one buddy is planning to make some meads.

We usually have an table, and I usually post a HBT/Michigan Masher's sign so folks know who we are. We used to have someone bring a tent, but that's fallen through, if anyone has one that would be great.

I'll be there about 10am....

If you haven't attended this venue in the past and are wondering about it, there's a huge turn out, a lot of folks brew, and several hundred hang out. There's a ton of beer, and a pot luck as well.

Pics of past years here.

I'll be brewing this year. I'm planning on 10 gallons of Oktoberfest. I have to man the CRAFT membership table too though.

I'll be brewing up 10 gallons of Robust Porter (5 for my whiskey barrel). I'll be bringing a keg or something (have not figured that out yet) and some either Arrogant Bastard brownies or some chili con queso.

I should note my beer will be on tap over at the CRAFT taps. ;-)

I would love to be there - but I will be brewing a beer at home in spirit instead.

Hope you have a great turn out and that the weather cooperates for you.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. I have a prior obligation, and I'm getting my engagement photos taken the next day. I doubt SWMBO would forgive me easily for blowing off our other event to get drunk and brew.... and then look terrible for the pics we're having taken on Sunday.

I'll stop by if I'm out and about in the area, though, but I can't commit. Bummer.

First time attending this event. Pot luck? Awesome. I'm brewing a golden cream ale. Haven't travel brewed before. Will be bringing a small tent and some fresh nut brown ale. Any advice for a first time travel brewer?......sorry for my error going to small event in jackson...cork and cap not cap and cork.

heh no probs... Suggestions would be to make a check list of items you will need... and check it. I can't tell you how many times I have forgot stuff. Sure there are other people there you can borrow stuff from...but it's a bit of a pain. I would also suggest not pitching your yeast on location. I have found it best to wait until I get home, check the temp of the wort. If it's too cold I pop it in the cooler...then pitch my yeast at a proper temp. If you pitch it on location the temps can go crazy depending how long you hang out there/how long you have to drive home...

Another great brew day at CnC! Although I'm a bit sunburned and look like a raccoon thanks to my sunglasses!

You guys had it good. It was at least drizzly most of the day in Grand Rapids. Still had a good time but having the sun out and no rain would have made it easier to get a little distance between myself and the band that was playing inside the pavilion...

Unfortunately, due to my Honeydew list, I didn't make it up until things were winding down, but I'm definitely shooting for the Teach a Friend to Brew Day. Also, I got to try Revvy's Vienna Lager! Definitely looked like it was a great day.

Unfortunately, due to my Honeydew list, I didn't make it up until things were winding down, but I'm definitely shooting for the Teach a Friend to Brew Day. Also, I got to try Revvy's Vienna Lager! Definitely looked like it was a great day.

I got something major planned for teach a friend day.

Back