National Homebrew Competition 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you plan on submitting beers to the 2015 NHC?

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
If I remember correctly, I was sitting next to a guy at the banquet who either judged or tried your beer while stewarding and said it was fantastic.

Well that's good to hear. That beer has placed first in every comp it's been in - which is 4 - including the first round. 100% pils and hallertauer. Single decoction. Wlp830. Really great beer - but NHC gold was unexpected.

Janis said theyd mail stuff by the end of july. I got my medal. Sheets. And swag on tue the 14th.

Got my RIS score sheets back. 36. Ouch. Down 5.5 points from the first round. Same batch that's ~1 year old at this point

32.5 for my brown porter. Probably about right for what they judged. It would have done better with more age and if the brew day actually went right.

43.5 for the 2nd place gueuze. I think it might have even scored higher than 1st round if I remember correctly.

I think it might have even scored higher than 1st round if I remember correctly.

Same here, and I was somewhat surprised. I was a little concerned that the doppelbock, which had been sitting in 12oz bottles for 3 months, would negatively impact scores.

32.5 for my brown porter. Probably about right for what they judged. It would have done better with more age and if the brew day actually went right.

43.5 for the 2nd place gueuze. I think it might have even scored higher than 1st round if I remember correctly.

Must've been in a different flight than 1st place. I think he said last night that his finals score was below a 40.

Back