Minnesota Nano breweries in MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can open a brewery of any size you would like as long as you go through all the proper licensing with the city, county, state, and federal authorities and have a proper facility in a building with proper zoning.

You can open a brewery of any size you would like as long as you go through all the proper licensing with the city, county, state, and federal authorities and have a proper facility in a building with proper zoning.

Well, so much for my mid-life crisis of wanting to change careers and start a home nano.
It all comes down to zoning I expect without doing any research on the matter.

That’s how it goes living in a state where “nothing is allowed”.

I may do some research and ask the township I live in and find out if it’s possible to change the zoning.

I know it works elsewhere in the country.

You can homebrew all you want. When you want to make something, charge money for it, and let humans ingest it, you will have to go through all the proper licensing to do so. Depending on zoning you may be allowed to do it in your home. That will not preclude you from needing to follow the licensing laws of all the proper authorities.

Last edited:
It all comes down to annual volumes. I just helped Bill Burt open up Rustech Brewing in Monticello, MN -- I'm sure he would know the path from homebrewer to "getting someone else to pay for your hobby" :)

I've also worked with a lawyer named Zach Robins who has helped a couple dozen breweries get launched in the region! I'll see if I can lure him here to comment!

Latest posts

Back