Name my dog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It's a girl. My other dog is named Shiner if that matters.

dog.jpg

glibbidy said:
name him barley:)
you beat me to it...
now i'll suggest that you name him Hops... although i guess that would be a more appropriate name for a rabbit or something.

glibbidy said:
name him barley:)

That's been done. I have a friend who had father-and-son German Shepherds named Barley and Hops. That was years ago- both dogs are long gone now......

You could name her after your favorite style-
Saison, Wit, Marzen,etc...........:mug:

I'm kinda wierd when it comes to pet names . . . My current dog is Dewd. B4 that my iguna was named Dave. But I also like Dog, Cat, Bird, Stupid, Boy, Girl . . . you get the picture.

It's too bad you other dog is named Shiner, because with the black eye your new dog has that would be a perfect name for her. Whatever you do dont go withsomething like SParky, Snoopy, Rover, Spot, etc . . .GD I hate names like that.

It looks like a beagle and they dont get too big do they? How about Pint?

Name her Oatmeal, so you can hook her up to your dog sled and shout
"mush Oatmeal, mush"

Aba-de, aba-de, aba-de, that's all folks!:cross:

Pumbaa said:
It looks like a beagle and they dont get too big do they? How about Pint?

I think your right. I think it's a mutt with mostly pit bull and beagle in it.

I vote for Bock, too. That way, when you call for both of your dogs, you can yell, "Shiner... Bock!"

Chairman Cheyco said:
Those Pit-beagles can be meeeeeean...

Is that sarcasim or have you had experience with a pit beagle before?

Ceej said:
Ubu? Spaz?

My wife won't let me name pets anymore.

Hurk came pre-named, so I didn't get to have any fun. I've always wanted a 100+ # dog named "Fluffy" or "Tink." That way when someone breaks down the door, I'd have the opportunity to say, "Tinkerbell's gonna git you!" Or perhaps "Sic-'em Fluffy!"

"Hurcules! Kill!" It just doesn't have the right ring to it.

!

I like it!
Nice avatar, BTW!!!!:cross:

How about Fuggles? My co-brewer, Micheal, named his gerbils after hops and the nano-brewery after a gerbil!

Either go for a beer name (good dog names so far Pint... Happy Mug or usmcruz)

or go for the all American Dog Name:
Skeeter

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'm going to go with Dakota. Seems to fit her quite nice. Barley was a good one but my wife hated it for some reason.

TxBrew said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I think I'm going to go with Dakota.

Superb name TX. For a while (and he may show up again ;) ) my AV was a big black german shepherd stretched out with a bottle of Bass by his head and a pack of smokes at his feet.

That was my boy, all 110lbs of him. Dakota.

He's been gone a year and a half now, stroke then a heart attack at the ripe old age of 9.

It does the heart good to hear that name given to a dog. Especially one that's tied to a place I love to hang around. I hope you guys have great times together.

All the best,
Jeff (Ize)

Good words Jeff. She is a sweetheart, will be interesting to see how big she is going to get. Possible it's a Saint Bernard/Pit mix.

My wife asked me what we should name our black dog. I told her that I've always been fond of "Trafalgar Square" as a name for a dog.... or a person. She laughed and said, "I can't imagine what the neighbors would think if I was standing at the door yelling, 'Trafalgar Square! Come here Trafalgar Square!' How about if we call her 'Trae' instead?"

Latest posts

Back