Mypin's, Differences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
Are the Mypin's Ta4 , Ta6 and Ta7 all the same controller ?
From the specifications I read for each different controller, they appear to have the same controls and specifications and alarm options, just that the sizes are different? I do know that the TD4 is different from them.

Are the Mypin's Ta4 , Ta6 and Ta7 all the same controller ?
From the specifications I read for each different controller, they appear to have the same controls and specifications and alarm options, just that the sizes are different? I do know that the TD4 is different from them.

The third digit is the difference in size but there are other different models of each available.. like the ta7-SNR and ta7-SSR the last three digits indicate the model configuration.
there's relay only model that won't work with an SSR and there's dual alarm models as well as the single alarm..

OK, so yes, it's pretty much only the size difference then, when comparing apples to apples. I would want the SNR model to use an external 40 AMP SSR , and what would/could I use the 2nd alarm for?

OK, so yes, it's pretty much only the size difference then, when comparing apples to apples. I would want the SNR model to use an external 40 AMP SSR , and what would/could I use the 2nd alarm for?

well if you had a herms or rims you could set a high limit and low limit alarm that would tell you if something like flow became obstructed and the temps went out of the range window either way..

Just printed the return label for my TA4. Had no idea that I needed the TD4 to control the boil. My ventures into electric brewing are off to a rocky start.

Just printed the return label for my TA4. Had no idea that I needed the TD4 to control the boil. My ventures into electric brewing are off to a rocky start.

Well, I think many of us that really don't know about things like this, are all in the same boat! I try to read and study the best I can to understand what I'm green about, but mistakes can still happen. No Big deal.:mug:

Well, I think many of us that really don't know about things like this, are all in the same boat! I try to read and study the best I can to understand what I'm green about, but mistakes can still happen. No Big deal.:mug:

Thats how I learned... and why I bought a crappy rexc100 and then mypin Ta7 before settling on the TD4... which I later replaced with an EZboil unit and finally swapped everything out for an arduino and Brucontrol software which is cheaper for multi element systems and has a lot more options but wasnt avaliable when I got into all this.

The Td4 works great actually, I am just one of the tinkering types always looking for the next brewing upgrade to play with I guess... the EZ boil does do a better job at achieving and maintaining exact temps without overshooting though.

Thats how I learned... and why I bought a crappy rexc100 and then mypin Ta7 before settling on the TD4... which I later replaced with an EZboil unit and finally swapped everything out for an arduino and Brucontrol software which is cheaper for multi element systems and has a lot more options but wasnt avaliable when I got into all this.

The Td4 works great actually, I am just one of the tinkering types always looking for the next brewing upgrade to play with I guess... the EZ boil does do a better job at achieving and maintaining exact temps without overshooting though.

LOL, I'm there now, I 1st bought the Rex's, and now moved to the Mypins....I didn't even brew with electric yet lol

What is the difference between the TA4 and TD4?

What makes the TD4 suitable for controlling the boil (but presumably the TA4 not so)?

What is the difference between the TA4 and TD4?

What makes the TD4 suitable for controlling the boil (but presumably the TA4 not so)?
TA4 does not have a manual mode, and the TD4 does. Manual mode allows you to set % power level without reference to the temp sensor input. You need manual mode to control the boil.

Brew on :mug:

TA4 does not have a manual mode, and the TD4 does. Manual mode allows you to set % power level without reference to the temp sensor input. You need manual mode to control the boil.

Brew on :mug:

Ahh OK so no PWM on the TA4, thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back