My Very First Batch of Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
I'm in the process of making my first batch of beer, using the Brewdemon beer kit.

I've always wanted to try making my own beer for a long time!

Here's the beer after being put in the bottles with the priming sugar. When trying to press my thumb into the bottles, I've found that they have become really firm and hard, signifying that the beer is successfully carbonating as it should be. :mug:

001.jpg

Prior to the beer having been bottled, here it is in the fermenter several days before. The flavor of the beer is IPA, one of my favorites! :mug:

001.jpg

Congrats on your first batch. I am sure it will be the best beer you have ever tasted when ready. :mug:

Thanks!

The company hasn't been around that long. It came out near the end of 2012.

But according to them, they've already sold hundreds of these beer kits to satisfied customers who have tried & liked them!

The conical-style fermenter is very unique over the keg-style fermenters because of its superior style and shape.

These are the 2-qt kits. They even offer huge 6-qt kits that feature a white humungous bucket-style fermenter. These are for the very serious beer lovers who not only are truly and heavily into home beer brewing, but also for those who want massive amounts of beer around and don't want to run out of it for a long time. :mug:

These are the 2-qt kits. They even offer huge 6-qt kits that feature a white humungous bucket-style fermenter. These are for the very serious beer lovers who not only are truly and heavily into home beer brewing, but also for those who want massive amounts of beer around and don't want to run out of it for a long time. :mug:

I wonder what they would say about our 20 and 40 qt systems? ;)

I'm about to order more bottles for the next batch, along with two more different beer mixes.

My next batch will be hard apple cider beer or old wheat beer, or Pilsner.

Two bottles of the beer are now in the fridge for chilling. One tipped over and there was a little head on it, signifying that the beer has successfully carbonated!! :ban::drunk:

Yay!!

Just tasted the chilled beer! Tasted very good, though it is very frothy when poured into a tall glass. :mug: :ban:

The co2 needs more time to dissolve into solution. Typically you need to wait 3 weeks or else you'll pour a beer and all the co2 will come out of solution.

First glass of chilled home brewed IPA!

It is said that the beer will be frothy when finished. Though the bottles weren't shaken at all, this is said to be quite normal.

001.jpg

Back