My New Tap Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDarwin

Reaction score
A friend of mine machined a brass step piece to complete an idea i had for tap handles, and it turned out beautifully. So far I've only got the one, but my buddy is going to help/teach me to make 3 more (two aluminum, one more brass).

I plan on removing the Cholula label so the top is just clear glass. I can't wait to see what they look like with beer-samples/grains/whatever inside them.

Edit: Spelled Cholula wrong.

image-1776015487.jpg

Yeah, it does. If you're familiar with Cholula bottles, you know they usually have a wood knob for a cap. There's a plastic insert in the knob that can be removed by cracking the knob open. That plastic insert was sealed into the top of the brass piece.

I'll post a more comprehensive DIY when I get a chance to go to my buddy's machine shop. I was just excited that the idea worked out so well.

Edit: Spelled Cholula wrong.

Thats awesome! You could put a beer sample in there. I'd buy 3 :)

Making this out of brass was a bugger! We're going to do a couple using aluminum stock, and see how those turn out.

If they look good we might look into making some to sell if there are actual buyers.

Sorry. No finalized pictures yet, but I realized tonight that Cholula bottles are designed not to empty their contents when tipped upside down (the require a bit of tilt or motion so you don't get too much hot sauce).

That means even of the cap seal isn't perfect, if it were filled with beer it wouldn't leak all over the place. Good stuff.

Nice. My finances family got me hooked on cholula.....
What do you trunk of mine? Just finished it today.....

ForumRunner_20111013_012446.jpg

Back