My new grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
This is the stand that I built for my new grain mill. With this, a ten gallon cooler that is my HLT, the zapap MLT that I had been using for PM, and a turkey fryer that I got as a wedding present from my sister, I am ready to go AG. First batch to follow soon, hopefully next week.

This is the mill on the stand. The drill is not mine, I have a corded one that I will be using.

Mill.jpg

This is the hopper. I know its not pretty, but it should get the job done.

3257-Hopper.jpg

Hello. Magno's SWMBO here.

1) Where is that going to go?
2) Drills are loud. Especially yours.
3) I cannot understand a word you are saying.
4) There are no outlets on the patio.
5) Can I get some sort of explanation on this contraption that isn't littered with acronyms?

Magno is busted bigtime :D

Not to worry Oh SWMBO. This contraption is a lovely long stemmed rose generator, but only a brewer can operate it.

Hehehe... That contraption is a man-pleaser. Well, an integral part of the whole man-pleasing thing. If you don't like it, you will have to take its place. Most of us take around 6 -10 hours a week of pleasing. If you can keep up, we'll wish Magno well and never see him again. If not, well, it's a battery operated drill. They're suddendly not as loud as you remember, right?

:ban: :drunk: :drunk: :fro:

SWMBO said:
1) Where is that going to go?
2) Drills are loud. Especially yours.
3) I cannot understand a word you are saying.
4) There are no outlets on the patio.
5) Can I get some sort of explanation on this contraption that isn't littered with acronyms?

1. It will go out on the patio.
2. The drills not THAT loud, and it will be running at low RPM anyway
3. With this bad boy I can save us some money by buying grains in bulk.
4. We have an extension cord that will comfortably reach the patio.
5. The pictures are of a grain mill. Grain go in whole at the top, and comes out crushed at the bottom. Of course it also makes long stemmed roses, but how that is done is a closely guarded trade secret.

Back