My new easy way to label beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunshowgreg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok if other people do this and there is already a thread for it my apologies. I assure you I looked when I was trying to figure out how to do this the easy way.

I got the Avery Lables 5408 3/4 round lables that fit perfectly on a beer bottle with ease. No need to stick them to the glass to be removed later. I can now throw away the cap with the label and not have to worry about peeling lables off glass again. The software was very easy to use and you can do any image you want. I found the lables on Amazon for less than 5$ as an ADD ON ITEM and you get over 1000 of these guys.

Here is what I done so far with the apple cider I bottled last weekend. I was even able to easily put a round text to show the date I bottled and the contents.

I also can save projects on the Avery website to use later. I even prepped my IPA stickers for when that is ready.

Cheers
Greg
20180929_132554.jpeg
20180929_130837~2.jpeg
20180929_130841~2.jpeg

Ok if other people do this and there is already a thread for it my apologies. I assure you I looked when I was trying to figure out how to do this the easy way.

I got the Avery Lables 5408 3/4 round lables that fit perfectly on a beer bottle with ease. No need to stick them to the glass to be removed later. I can now throw away the cap with the label and not have to worry about peeling lables off glass again. The software was very easy to use and you can do any image you want. I found the lables on Amazon for less than 5$ as an ADD ON ITEM and you get over 1000 of these guys.

Here is what I done so far with the apple cider I bottled last weekend. I was even able to easily put a round text to show the date I bottled and the contents.

I also can save projects on the Avery website to use later. I even prepped my IPA stickers for when that is ready.

Cheers
Greg View attachment 590461View attachment 590463View attachment 590464
Which software?

I tried the 3/4" for one batch and didn't like the look. I searched around for a larger size and found 7/8" diameter labels allow a lot more content and look like a better fit to the caps. I got mine from onlinelabels.com and I print them at work on a color laser. The glossy white I've used look good and hold up in water, they also have silver foil but I haven't tried them yet.

I tried the 3/4" for one batch and didn't like the look. I searched around for a larger size and found 7/8" diameter labels allow a lot more content and look like a better fit to the caps. I got mine from onlinelabels.com and I print them at work on a color laser. The glossy white I've used look good and hold up in water, they also have silver foil but I haven't tried them yet.
After I use up the 3/4 I'm probably gonna try the 7/8. The price was pretty nice on amazon for the 3/4 ".

Thanks

Do you have to print a whole sheet, or can you select to only print say 6 labels, then do another 6 on the same sheet later?

Do you have to print a whole sheet, or can you select to only print say 6 labels, then do another 6 on the same sheet later?
I use photoshop to draw and print mine, so I can just place copies of the artwork on as many circles as necessary. I don't bother printing partial sheets unless I need less than half the labels on one page. This is how the layout looks in PS.
upload_2018-10-1_9-45-36.png

You can actually select the number and the location of the lables you're going to use on the sheet. You can print one or all of the lables if you like. You can even print just the middle one If you want. Right before you print it gives you the option to "select" the lables on the sheet. No waste needed. Be advised this is done on avery.com/print

Back