My life right now...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyg354

Plant Based Homebrewer
Reaction score
To windy outside for gas. Oh well more time for beer until it starts to boil!
DF35F1FB-89FA-4C5B-8CC7-1B047F9267AD.jpeg

Electric. I broke down and stood outside in the wind with the propane burner...lol. I stood there for about 1 hour and was only at 150 degrees, put it on the propane and it started to boil in 10 minutes.

I was about to (incredulously) ask if a (presumably) 5 gallon batch ever reached a boil on the electric stove. My assumption was that it wouldn't.

Wow, sounds like it woulda been perfect for mashing...
my indoor stove has a burner that would hold my 2.5 gal batch mashes +/- 1° with no insulation...
Now that I brew in the garage I miss that thing!

My grainfather arrived on saturday anyway so life should be on easy mode for a while. Lol

Hope to possibly do double brews with it. Using it as a mash tun for the first brew and boiling that in my propane kettle while doing a second brew entirely on the grainfather.

I was thinking the same thing!
I finally got my two vessel rig setup as a quasi-HERMS...where the burner heats the sparge water, which is recirculated thru a chiller coil to hold the mash temp steady in vessel number two.

Well...I was contemplating BIAB in the upper kettle while I full volume mashed in the lower kettle...voila double batch!
May have to get fancy with a bucket tho while I'm sparging...good thing I kept my old induction burner and 4 gallon pot.

Latest posts

Back