my kegerator setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
i decided to chart my progress

I'm not a cheap ass i like finding bargin prices, i got beer in the bottle so no need to worry about kegs yet

so far

2 conies 30 bucks for both
1 chest freezer 60 bucks
1 tower setup 1 perlock. party tap, 50 bucks
1 co2 tank (free) god bless state surplus lol

keep on checking, I;m hitting builders surplus for 1/4 inch ply to make it look good

i decided to chart my progress

I'm not a cheap ass i like finding bargin prices, i got beer in the bottle so no need to worry about kegs yet

so far

2 conies 30 bucks for both
1 chest freezer 60 bucks
1 tower setup 1 perlock. party tap, 50 bucks
1 co2 tank (free) god bless state surplus lol

keep on checking, I;m hitting builders surplus for 1/4 inch ply to make it look good

Tell me about the state surplus. The one in Jessup??

i was thinking of this for control...I know iknow......i can get a johnson controller but i have a spare PC lying around

http://www.ar.com.au/~softmark/file/usb_1620.pdf

Using that then using a relay to turn the chest freezer on & off

It would be a neat novelty but I tihnk it would soon prove to be a PITA. Do you really want to have a PC laying around to run your freezer? and how much does that board cost plus the relay? too much of a PITA realistically I think.

When I was in college, my parents gave me an old fridge to use as a kegerator. Problem was that the thermostat did not work. My dad used a christmas light timer to run the fridge for 30 min every couple hours to keep the fridge cool.

We didn't want to sacrifice our beer, so one of my roommates had a spare PC laying around, so put together a small circuit board that plugged into the parallel port and controlled the compressor on the fridge via a perl script.

We had the ability to monitor the fridge's temp via the internet. The problem was when the PC would lock up and we ended up with frozen beer. As soon as I graduated, I bought a temperature controller. It's definitely better than using a computer.

well updates the buddy of mine in alanta looked at the beer faucet & said it was junk so i:m searching once again

I picked up the freezer, i post picks soon

oh kay updates

freezer 60
2 cornies 30
2 golden taps...15 bucks on ebay
c02 tank free

so as of now i am up to 105 bucks
I'm not gonna do the controler over the internet but i want to hook up a web cam to it

so when i am at my office i can make sure no one drinks my beer.

nahh I;m single but a few of my friends have keys LOL

So it wouldn't be watching to make sure they didn't drink your beer, instead you would have to sit, AT WORK, and watch your friends drink all your beer knowing you couldn't do anything about it. I'd rather just go home to an empty keg! haha

hmm never thought of that....maybe i should put a computer controlled valve in .....that i can remote in & turn the thing off...(real estate needs to pick up i am so bored lol)

so i was at home depot...buying stuff & i ran across this
DuctStat Automatic Duct FanThermostat - DS100 - Smarthome

19.95 after sale & coupon. I dont know if I;m going to run it in side the freezer or just extend the sensor

Up date 12/11/08
well i got a regulator off of ebay for 45 bucks with
so
freezer 60
duct stat modified 19.99
cornies 2 30.00
regualtor 45.00
I getting a 10 lb co2 with tank for 125
i now just need to assemble the thing LOL

so i was at home depot...buying stuff & i ran across this
DuctStat Automatic Duct FanThermostat - DS100 - Smarthome

19.95 after sale & coupon. I dont know if I;m going to run it in side the freezer or just extend the sensor

How is this going to be used? In the freezer to power a blower fan to the taps when the freezer kicks on? If so, do you think the freezer will have enough Air Flow to trigger this? This is designed for the airflow a heating and airconditioning unit pushes. I'm not thinking a freezer will trigger it.

i pulled it apart & moved the sensor. I have to get off my butt & do a right up. It not an air flow meter it is a temperature meter. The duct stat only comes on when a it gets a certain temp that you set

Back