My insane 25 Gal, 100 Percent Hard Plumbed Tri-Clover, Automated Tippy Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized that a 1 minute rotation time is really long for this application. I wonder if anyone offers something faster?

I just realized that a 1 minute rotation time is really long for this application. I wonder if anyone offers something faster?

You can purchase the 1/2" SS 9-24 VDC 3-wire valves for $26.00 shipped.
I am currently modefining two for an additional $ 3.00 to meet my needs.

My pneumatic valves I can move in less than 1 second.
The butterflies I have don't require more than 4 Nm torque.
This hobby can drive you nuts.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Yeah but the 1/2 actuators are only 2nm? I tried it once before and they burned out

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Can you show me what motors you are using for the butterfly valves?

I got another idea. Maybe I can take apart the valves I currently have and use the actuators to drive a butterfly valve?

I got another idea. Maybe I can take apart the valves I currently have and use the actuators to drive a butterfly valve?

My buttterfly valves are air or hand operated not motor driven.

I tried a 2Nm Belimo actuator on my 2" Definox brand butterflies, did not close completely.

The Belimo high speed actuator part #LMQ24A 24VDC.
Ebay is a good source for Belimos.
Purchased three slow Belimos a month ago for $49.00.

Homemade pneumatic butterfly actuator,
My other pneumatics are standard off the shelf can type.

100_5574.jpg

1/2" NPT and maybe better .

This brewing hobby is fighting you, from burners to valves.

Thank you for your help! Maybe I'll shoot for something around 4nm.

I actually enjoy fabricating as much as I love brewing. Everything I own is a work in progress. Besides I think people like you and me could really benefit from better valves

1/2" NPT and maybe better .

This brewing hobby is fighting you, from burners to valves.

What do you think about the LM24 belimo actuator? I found a bunch for around $25 each and the are 4nm

What do you think about the LM24 belimo actuator? I found a bunch for around $25 each and the are 4nm

The speed may not work for you, 30 seconds.
I am temporarily trying to install one (FSTF series) on my grain hopper.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

God I really need to start paying more attention to the details and wait before I ask you multiple dumb questions. Lol

Man kick, I'm completely lost with this valve talk. But I keep paying attention to this thread...

Man kick, I'm completely lost with this valve talk. But I keep paying attention to this thread...

Yeah the valves are tricky, tax man raped my bank account this month so I am gonna start working on these next month. I really just want a sanitary butterfly valve to be automated and take care of the 6 ones in contact with wort

You ever plan to brew on this thing? ;)

I Already pulled one batch off, I had crazy clog problems with whole hops, so I need a hop screen or false bottom now. I'm leaning twords the hop filter

This is an epic build up mate! thanks for sharing it :)
I hope your beer turns out top notch, that first pour surely has to feel like a massive achievement!

damn, just made it through this thread. amazing job kick. I can't even begin to think about the time and money youve invested in this rig. I cant wait to see a video of this thing in action. Cheers.

Yeah the valves are tricky, tax man raped my bank account this month so I am gonna start working on these next month. I really just want a sanitary butterfly valve to be automated and take care of the 6 ones in contact with wort

You too huh? Damn greedy uncle sam

Thank you guys for all the support! My first batch turned out amazing! Efficiency is something that needs slight work, but overall it produces great beer. Probably could have just stuck to the pot and burner method. Lol still working out slight bugs like the brewtroller jumping from mash to sparge in one step. Lol

This question may have been asked already but. Did you program the raspberry pi yourself or there some sort of software already available?

This question may have been asked already but. Did you program the raspberry pi yourself or there some sort of software already available?

I did program is a little, nothing crazy. Most RPI come with rasbian wheezy. I added a touchscreen keyboard that can easily be added, then some things like password bypass etc. I have it hooked up to a wifi splitter along with my brewtroller. It was pretty easy to do. Honestly if I where to do it again is probably just skip the touchscreen feature. It's just more stuff that can go wrong

Wow! Spectacular build...just caught up on your thread...you've really raised the bar!

Thank you so much! I love all the support I have been getting. I never ment to raise the "bar" I just wanted to build something that I could be satisfied for years to come. (I'm a perfectionist)

I had a phone interview last week and I am also having a photoshoot this week with my brewery for a magazine. kinda nervous and excited at the same time.

I had a phone interview last week and I am also having a photoshoot this week with my brewery for a magazine. kinda nervous and excited at the same time.

Congrats on the publicity. Glad to hear you are up and brewing finally.

Thank you guys! I'm pretty excited, hopefully the article is going to come out good. The questions they asked were a little more tech focused and not as beer friendly. Also its hard to describe this size brew process over the phone to someone.

Back