My home kegerator project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

few2many

Reaction score
Well, I've started my own keggerator. I started with an all wood, portable bar some friends gave me for helping them move. Got the keggerator kit from my boss. Had several months of obsurd hours last summer, so the boss made me a deal on it, as its been sitting on the shelf at the shop for years(I work for a beverage equipment company). I could do a compressor based refrigeartion system, thats what I do at work, but I'm thinking thermo electric for a fun challenge. Any thoughts or Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks for the replies. I started an album, so I dont see much use in posting to the thread. Also, I can just link to my gallery to get them posted.

3007t-portable-bar-before.jpg

3010t-i-can-fit-1-half-barrel-2-1-4s-2-sixths-pictured-50l-1-4-short.jpg

3015t-lining-up-before-hacking-up.jpg

3011t-almost-done.jpg

3018t-super-low-prof-coupler-barely-peeks-out-above-keg-rim.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/members/few2many/albums/pics/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/album.php?albumid=696

Where did you mount the thermoelectric unit at? I couldn't tell from looking at the pictures? Also, how low can you get the temp? I was worried about building my own thermoelectric kegerator because I didn't think they got that cold.

I am also interested in the type of thermoelectric setup that you used. Did you use a premade setup or make it yourself?

I'm using a supercool thermoelectric cooling unit found on ebay, with the matching power supply. I've test wired it and it works very well. I have yet to mount it and complete the wiring. I also still have to make the door. The project has been sitting for a couple weeks, maybe to day. I'll get some pics of it up when I'm on my home comp.

Problem with mounting. Where it looks good, doesnt work good.
Where it works good, doesnt look good!
The hot side is pictured up with the two fans. The cool side is under, looks similar but with one fan.
3666t-tec-power-supply.jpg

Latest posts

Back