My first post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidkrau

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from Mt Prospect IL and this is my first post. I've brewed half a dozen ales using kits and they all came out pretty good. I'm about to enter the all grain world just to see what it's like. It's a little scary but I guess that the worst that can happen is that I land up throwing all the spent grains in the garbage and pouring all liquids down the drain and then going back to kits. What book is there that can walk me though the process with plenty of pictures from the equipment I need to the final bottling? I'm not interested in a lot of theory and and biochemical BS

Davidkrau

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

From kits to AG, that's a big leap! Papazian's Joy of Homebrewing is a good book, and there is also www.howtobrew.com, and of course this forum is a great source of inspiration and advice! :rockin:

Don't throw the grains in the garbage...compost them, or sell / give them to a local farmer / equestrian for feed.

Good luck with the AG set-up. Lets us know how it goes, and any advice needed...don't forget to post. Looking forward to hearing from you. :D

Back