My First Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasquatch84

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397367279.454134.jpg

Thanks to the forums and your postings I have come up with this kegerator. It was an Igloo FR464 dual tower conversion with ball tap corny kegs. Looks like the 5lbs co2 tank will fit fine on the back shelf/hump. Going to order it now that I didn't brick the fridge.

I have a batch of perfected cerveza that will be tested first. I am still playing with extract kits, wanted to keg and ditch bottling before switching to the big leagues.

Thanks for your informative and creative posts.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

im guessing you had to bend the freezer portion out of the way? how did you go about doing that?

I was able to carefully bend the main coolant line and "flattened" the freezer as best I could. Some of the posts recommend allowing the fridge to warm up before attempting the bend, this worked for me but be careful.

Finding a co2 tank in Ontario for a good price seems difficult so far. I have also added copper lines in the tower to aid in temperature control.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397433566.253418.jpg

Here it is with some dollarama grippy stuff and two plastic ad magnifier things.

I figure if the wife likes it, I have a shot at keeping it!

I was able to carefully bend the main coolant line and "flattened" the freezer as best I could. Some of the posts recommend allowing the fridge to warm up before attempting the bend, this worked for me but be careful.

Finding a co2 tank in Ontario for a good price seems difficult so far. I have also added copper lines in the tower to aid in temperature control.

Are you running beer through copper lines?

No, I am running the beverage lines through the copper inside the tower. Acting like a sleeve, extending the cold air from inside the fridge up into the tower.

Back