My First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_wilkosz

Reaction score
Well hello all, I decided to join the brewing world and have found this site now. I must clue all my future mentors into my trials and tribulations so far:

It starts in January, I got a beginners kit from Northern Brewer, and a few other things. February 14 was my first brew, a Belgian White Ale. It ended up a bit darker than i had planned, but was quite good, ended up with an alcohol content of about 12%.

Since then I have not brewed again, sadly, summer was terrible working full time to save money for graduate school.

But alas! I have now purchased another carboy to have 2, and I have ordered 2 more kits. An English Brown Ale and an American Ale and will likely brew both in the next few weeks to get my carboys filled up and bubbling!

I look forward to my teacher's (you all) advise and leadership!

You must be a natural! It's really hard to brew a good beer with that high an ABV beer. I have brewed over 30 batches and only tried it a couple batches ago. Congrats man!!!!

:tank:

Welcome to the obsession. Don't worry, you'll still brew in grad school, I've done over 50 batches while working on my PhD.

you did do a glorious job hitting 12% on your first brew... i think i will have to share teh captins daughter recepie with you.... nothing like trying for 22% and i know you like it

Congrats on the beer!!!! What are you studying at U of I? I've got quite a few friends in the college of music over there.

yeah..i do! im trying to find a cheap chest freezer down here if possible..otherwise ill use my ingenuity to build a cabinet.....

and my 12% alchy content Belgian Ale---Beautiful! i had help from my friend who is posting on here as well. adam. but it turned out great....a bit darker than a normal Beligian actually, not sure why, i know we added more honey than we were supposed to, but im guessin that helped with the content to be higher, it turned out great! PROST!

yooper - pretty darn good....it ended up darker that would normal. but it was darn good..still got about 15 bottles of it..id share if anyone were located near me here

Latest posts

Back