My first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roudy

Reaction score
I have helped two others in the past to make homebrew, and it was time for me to go it alone. I decided to pursue a partial-grain Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA clone. One week primary fermentation, two weeks secondary... Three weeks in the bottle before tasting (man did that time pass sloowwwllyy). The results: color - check; head retention - check; aroma - awesome; flavor - excellent; chill haze - present :eek:

DSC_0008.jpg

I know you can't taste chill haze, but I set me standards high. Hopefully some time spent chilled will help with this. I'm already looking forward to my next effort, either a Stone IPA or S-N Torpedo clone.

I have helped two others in the past to make homebrew, and it was time for me to go it alone. I decided to pursue a partial-grain Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA clone. One week primary fermentation, two weeks secondary... Three weeks in the bottle before tasting (man did that time pass sloowwwllyy). The results: color - check; head retention - check; aroma - awesome; flavor - excellent; chill haze - present :eek:

DSC_0008.jpg

I know you can't taste chill haze, but I set me standards high. Hopefully some time spent chilled will help with this. I'm already looking forward to my next effort, either a Stone IPA or S-N Torpedo clone.

Hey, I live in Snellville, too! We should get together! PM me.

Very nice, very nice indeed. I think that haze is caused by not cooling the wort fast enough, though Im sure the more experienced members will be able to give you better guidance.

Back