My first all grain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinksWellWithOthers

Reaction score
and it went perfectly! Hit my mash temp dead on and even overshot my OG by a few points. I was worried about my efficiency on my first AG but I guess I have no need to worry. Best part of it was that I had everything done and cleaned up in 4 and half hours!

I brewed up Biermuncher's Octoberfast ale and I hope to have it ready while its still October. This is also the first beer I'm going to keg so I hope it comes out as good as the brew day did.

It aint as hard as we made it out to be for sure huh, if I would have knew how easy it actually was I would have started a year ago. glad you had a good first time!

It wasn't bad at all. People have kept on telling me not to be scared of it and not to worry, but I've been reading up on everything and wasn't really worried about much. It was actually one of the shorter brew days I've had in a while. My last 4 or 5 brews have been partial mashes and the only thing holding me back was shelling out the cash for new equipment. Money is kind of tough when you're on disability. As long as I have someone to do my lifting for me, I'm going to become a brewing machine.

Congrats on your 1st AG. Just finished up my Oktoberfast as well. I brewed last night till about 3 am.
Watch out, because it is extremely addictive. Since I switched to AG this summer, I have made more batches in 6 months then I did with extract in 2 years. Just warnin' ya! Cheers:mug:

As long as I have someone to do my lifting for me, I'm going to become a brewing machine.

Might want to save up for a pump and do no heavy lifting. I brew in the kitchen and have to carry the carboys / kegs to different sections of my apartment. It's getting a little old, or I am.

My back is not what it used to be, but welcome to AG, I know I really enjoy doing it and even cleaning out the spent grains does not seem to be a chore.

Might want to save up for a pump and do no heavy lifting. I brew in the kitchen and have to carry the carboys / kegs to different sections of my apartment. It's getting a little old, or I am.

My back is not what it used to be, but welcome to AG, I know I really enjoy doing it and even cleaning out the spent grains does not seem to be a chore.

I'm already planning on building a single tier rig with a pump or two. I have five herniated discs so lifting has to be kept to a minimum. My LHBS owner is helping me chase down some kegs and knows someone who can weld them up for me. My brother works at a machine shop so I'll probably have someone at his shop weld up the rig. It's going to be expensive so I'll probably need to wait until I can work again to really start putting it together. Until then I'll just need to get a friend or neighbor to help me do some lifting.

Latest posts

Back