My dogs ate my crystal 40!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcollins

Reaction score
Had everything prepped to brew this morning and had my usual rubbermaid container with chiller, tubs of extract, bags of grains, hops, etc.

Had invited a friend (Devils Creek Brewing) over to help out and hang out. He was to come by at 9:30 this morning and I took the kids to school for around 9 and came home but no dogs greeted me at the door. Hmmmm...

Walked into the dining room and found my 3/4 lb bag of crystal 40 spread around in one corner of the room with my dogs happily munching away. Ack!

Luckily (for my porter) Devils Creek Brewing keeps specialty grains at his house and he very kindly bailed me out with 1/2lb of crystal 110. He brought over a whole bin of it but I think the substitution that I made should be fine.

Lesson learned. :(

Well, I didn't follow them around but they spent the morning outside.

Labrador Ale... Did you know they were both Labs or was that a lucky guess? LOL

How about Black Lab Porter?

Well, I didn't follow them around but they spent the morning outside.

Labrador Ale... Did you know they were both Labs or was that a lucky guess? LOL

How about Black Lab Porter?

Obviously you're not a Cheech & Chong fan.:drunk: Nice to hear a friend bailed you out though.

I've noticed my dog likes to eat any malt that's dropped on my patio. I've wondered since people will pay a lot for "cat poo coffee" (or civet coffee), if I might be on to something with dog poo malt beer :D

^^^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAH!!! On the post above..

I wonder if it would have the same effect as that odd coffee bean that passes through the digestive system of a jungle cat... hmmmm

Nope. I aint gonna touch that. My dog already has enough issues :fro:

Nope. I aint gonna touch that. My dog already has enough issues :fro:

LOL....If I did start collecting dog poo malt, I think I might be the one with issues over my dog (who sees nothing wrong with eating and digesting questionable things). :D

Back