My clearest beer to date

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyzo

Reaction score
Alot of my beers have turned out somewhat cloudy, and most clear up over time, but this one is by far the clearest I've ever had. its a vienna honey lager. irish moss at 15 left in the boil is the only clearing agent.
My first lager though, so maybe everyones lagers are this clear? i dont know, but Im pretty excited about mine :mug:

DSCN0124.jpg

Lagering helps clarity a great deal. It's COLD temps for LONG times that makes beer clear. The colder, and the longer, the better.

Way to go! :mug:

Nice!!! You could probably read license plate numbers on those cars if they were parked differently. How long was it lagered?

thanks! it was only lagered for about a little over a month at about 38 degrees in my fridge. Primary was a month as well, and at 50 degrees.

Allow me to compliment that terrific foam stand as well. Nice looking beer.

Yes, I'm quite surprised that it turned out this well, its quite tasty :mug:

That does look quite yummy! Any chance on the recipe?!
Tom

For sure, here is the extract version:

5 gallon batch:
fermentables
4lbs Light DME
1lb honey added at 2 minutes left in boil
8oz crystal 40l
4oz caravienne (really kinda optional, I brewed it once before without it, and tasted very similar, maybe could also add more for more taste?)

hops
1oz tettanger @ 60
.5oz willamette @ 15

other
1/2 tsp irish moss
saflager s-23 dry lager yeast

let me know if someone brews it, i wanna know how it turns out! :)

In lagering i also believe the yeast dont produce as much stuff so mabe that also contributes to the clarity. Look fantastic man, how are you ever going to drink it without looking at it till it goes flat.

Back