My cat did a bad thing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clean really well and you should be OK.

I like it! Bullets and Beer! That is a reloading press isn't it?

Just be careful about mixing the two.

Sorry for the off topic swing, but...

The .45-70 bullets look like monsters. Are they over 400 grns?

I'm guessing those are .45 cal RN pistol bullets to the left?

Do you hunt with either of those?

I have a couple of cap n ball percussion pistols that I'd like to hunt with, and being that proper hunting bullets are hard to find or quite expensive ($50/100) I had Accurate Molds work with me on some wide FN designs. Most claim pure lead will expand after about 800 fps, but several have had much higher velocity RB's and conicals, found on the oft shoulder, near perfect so I decided a wide FN would do well if it didn't expand, and would begin expansion from there if it does.

I bought my moulds from http://oldwestbulletmoulds.com/ Bernie is a good guy they are in Fruita CO Its next to Grand Jct CO. I use a 20/1 lead I stop in to visit and he showed me how to cast a few years ago I have moulds for most everything I have 3 for my 45/70 450 to 565 grains. The for 45rn are for colt or ACP there 230gr

I cleaned the buckets up, It was on the outside of 2 buckets. They were upside-down in the basement. I have 5 buckets and one carboy for wine and about 30 old glass gallon jugs for wine. There from back when I was a kid. Back to cleaning I set them in the sink rinsed them off upside down then washed the outside the buckets with soap then I set them to the side and dried them, now I washed them again with brewing cleaner and I have four batches brewing at once. I hope temp stays consistent in that room, I usually make beer in the winter the thermostat stay more consistent in the winter.

I've got an ol' #3 Carbine in .45-70 which I purchased new in '78 and last year I broke out of retirement. I use 450 gr. with 4064, the amount I shant mention, level 3. I use it for bear in the corn. She is strictly business.

Im using Goex black powder for 95% of my shooting and it is fun to shoot
IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_0398_zps8972c13c.jpg

There is something about a falling block that just has the aura of authority.

When the old buffalo hunter is surrounded by slicks and all he has to do is point the Sharps .50 at the leader's belly and says....

"Y'all ever seen what a buffalo rifle can do to a man point blank? It don't get any better at 1000 yards. Better hope you have a fast horse."

So ... you have a cat who is peeing on your beer. And firearms and a lot of ammo.

It sounds like this may not end well.

A big concern for you right now is why the cat peed in an unauthorized area. Its likely to get worse.

Our last cat was 12-yrs old and started peeing in random areas all over the basement. It was a behavioral issue, think he was protesting the dog we adopted. Short of getting rid of the dog, everything we tried didn't work. Cat went to the shelter where I'm sure it was euthanized (who wants an old cat that pees everywhere?). Took months of scrubbing with OdorFixPlus to finally get the cat urine stench out of the concrete.

My advice is to get a dog. 😉

My buddy uses a 45/70 when we hunt moose, I prefer to stick with my .338 win mag. Easier to find ammo, a long reach out and touch you range, and a it anchors them solid.

My wife said the dryer was full of 22 shells, I keep the empties and use them for jackets for 6mm bullets that I make on my Corbin press. OH my 4 batches of beer are doing good so far. Knock on wood.

I think as long as you put the beer inside the bucket and not on the outside, you'll be fine.

Back