My Brewhouse build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Malt

Reaction score
I recently ordered a BUNCH of new equipment with my tax returns, including everything to move in to AG brewing. I decided I needed a new home for all of these new toys and a place to brew with it. We had an 8x8' shed full of junk nobody was using so I decided to empty that and turn it into my new brew house.

This is what I had after I emptied most of the junk out and got it swept and cleaned a little.

Start1.jpg

Start2.jpg

Start3.jpg

Start4.jpg

I got a few of the shelves put in, a nice 2x4' work table, and got some equipment brought out. Most importantly, got lighting in so I can see the deliciousness happening :)

Time to sit and enjoy a well earned NB Rampant and get back at it in the morning before work. Hoping to have it ready enough to brew by Sunday.

Finish1.jpg

Finish2.jpg

Finish3.jpg

I kind of hate you right now for having that just sitting in your back yard :)

Watching see the greatness unfold....

I worked out in that wonderful weather we had yesterday. Wet work, but it had to get done while it was above freezing ;)

Nice space! I wish my HOA would allow sheds.

One concern- are you going to add any support to that MLT shelf?

Thought I would upload some pictures of the new setup in action. Everything worked great! Added a little more support to the shelves holding the Cooler and Kettle. The tier system worked great for draining the cooler.

Mash.jpg

Mash Drain 2.jpg

Sparge2.jpg

Burner.jpg

Boil.jpg

Thought I would upload some pictures of the new setup in action. Everything worked great! Added a little more support to the shelves holding the Cooler and Kettle. The tier system worked great for draining the cooler.
Very jealous that you have the space. Nice going.

Also, just in addition may I offer a suggestion? You should get a hose to drain out of your MLT into your BK. When you let it run like that you get 2 things.

1. Oxygen is able to easily get into your wort.
2. You have less of a suction coming from the MLT which could keep you from extracting the volume you need.

Just a suggestion, otherwise keep up the good work!

Not actually part of the brew house...but I took this shot and had to share it. I snagged a shelf from work (kitchen in a hotel) and got my carboys up off my mobile home floor. I'm hoping this will fix my temperature control issues with fermenting. And yes, the setup comes complete with the Sith Lord beer guardian. Be jealous! :mug:

Fermshelf.jpg

Looks awesome!
I too have a shed full of crap, once the snow is gone and I can get into it I am going to do something similar.
thanks for sharing

Do you have any vents in there? I have an almost identical 8'x8' shed that I'm going to use for brewing, but when boiling water in there it could double as a steam room. I'm sure there would be condensate dripping from the ceiling at the end of an hour boil. I'm adding a DIY hood over the BK and a 4 or 6" inline fan to take care of it. Just wondering if you have any condensation issues.

We don't have a vent in there yet. My roommate and I talked about just putting a bathroom vent fan in the roof. For now, leaving the door open a bit works just fine.

Back