My beard and my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumpetsnbeer

Reaction score
so a year ago i decided to grow a beard.

at that moment I did not know the love my beard would bring me, it is my best friend. I really love it when I get a good beer all through my beard.

I can smell it better and OMG I love it is that wrong. NO it can't be bad it feels so good, how can that be wrong

I know their must be more like me, i can't be alone...

this is my beard with beer in it. Beard and beer lovers unite lets post pic of are beards after drinking beer.

IMG_1195.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A couple years ago I grew a beard, attached is a pic of said beard while brewing. I think I'm going to grow it again, I miss it so much.

IMG_35883830308502.jpg

A couple years ago I grew a beard, attached is a pic of said beard while brewing. I think I'm going to grow it again, I miss it so much.

I love my beard, but I also like to change a lot. I usually shave about once a month and let it grow, but the beard is my default look. Funny how I always hear form my girl friends that I look better shaved, however I never get as much attention as when I have a full beard, or atleast scrub.

Im now sporting a handlebar mustache for movermber...and what started as a joke is beginning to grow on me, kinda like it! My girlfriend, however, is threatening to dump me if I keep it. :rockin:

I too LOVE MY BEARD and LOVE MY BEER. The two make such a great pair :mug:

Here's my beard helping me pour beer dark lager samples to hundreds of folks last weekend

I think you oughta brew a Beard Beer ("beerd"). Doesn't have to fit any style, it's just the perfect beer for you to enjoy with your beard. I've got one of those conditioning right now...

beerd.jpg

I love my beard, but I also like to change a lot. I usually shave about once a month and let it grow, but the beard is my default look. Funny how I always hear form my girl friends that I look better shaved, however I never get as much attention as when I have a full beard, or atleast scrub.

Im now sporting a handlebar mustache for movermber...and what started as a joke is beginning to grow on me, kinda like it! My girlfriend, however, is threatening to dump me if I keep it. :rockin:

Pics of said mustache please.

I grew out a mustache for my Halloween costume (Turd Ferguson) and then decided to keep it, I am now almost able to wax it into a handlebar.

The difference with me is, my girlfriend likes it.

I had a rather impressive beard grown back from having to shave for Halloween. I trimmed it down to my regular beard this morning as I really was looking terrible and needed a haircut. I got rid of the mullet I was growing this afternoon and bailed on no shave November. I like my beard. I just know that I was very close to looking like a pedo.

Beard is my last name.

I've had a beard of some sort since I was 16. A combined being lazy, a beard that grows overnight, and whiskers that make a stainless steel brush look like silk I just don't shave. One of the few times I shaved my girl hated it, said it made her feel like a pedo lol.

I'm 42, but I've had gray hair since I was in high school. Take after my mother. But that's OK....my dad is balding. I'll take the gray. :mug:

I usually have some sort of facial hair, but soon as October arrives, the beard comes. Wife used to hate it. But, we've been married so long she doesn't seem to care anymore. :p

After posting this and seeing my picture next to my avatar for the first time....it's kinda creepy actually.....

Beard.jpg

Started growing a beard at 16. Had to shave it off for Basic and advanced training. Got to grow it back while attached to submarines until 1987 when the rules changed. Kept my mustache. Started growing the beard back immediately after retiring. I have not shaved since but I do keep it trimmed for the missus.

Edit: This is an early summer picture. Forgot to add; I trim it all back to about 1/2" in the spring and let it grow so I'm ready for the long Alaskan winter. But by Spring, my wife is starting to get irritated with it's length and bulk.

untitled.png

I too have a great affinity for my beard. My beard and I have been together for 7 years, in varying lengths and quaffs. My beard has seen me through incredibly rough times, and was with for the great successes. My beard lead me to homebrewing, and now homebrew is as much a part of me as my beard. I wouldn't be complete without them. My beard and me, we are best buds.

From my avatar, you can see my mustache and "goatee" beard. The last time my upper lip was shaved was 9 August 1969...the day of my marriage. A full beard came along a couple of years later, while I was in graduate school. Decided the full beard was too much, so trimmed it back to the "goatee." If I cut them completely off, my wife and children would not know who I am!

glenn514:mug:

Finally started to grow my beard back and I gotta say, I can already notice how much better my beer tastes.

Back