Mushtun Plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonthewizard

Reaction score
So this is my plumbing for my mashtun. I took the simplest valve i could find at my local hardware store. They don't have much in brass, and nothing in stainless. I couldnt find a stainless washer so i took a cork and two rubbers, which should provide a tight seal. There also wasn't any SS collars, so I thought : zipties. If i come across ss cllars ill replace them, but this should be fine right ?

AOiqQJ0.jpg
JXTJIsC.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/zip-ties-mlt-229972/

I found this thread. Seems the zipties are cool. I hope the cork and the rubbers hold up.

You should be fine in terms of the metals. The brass is lead free I assume. Fit depends on what you're fitting it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The cooler doesn't have a hole, so I'll just use a spade bit and make it fit my shank. I was worried about the zip-ties but i keep reading about them and nothing really scary comes up.

About the lead in brass. It says it on the package, but I paid very little considering, so i'm assuming it might be misleading. It'll only see temps up to 160 anyway...

There is a brew strong episode on metals that may be worth a listen to. At the end of the day you have to decide what is going into your body. For me it is always more beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back