Multiple maple syrup additions abv

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chase6

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a maple pale ale and was wondering if anyone knows a way of calculating abv while doing multiple syrup additions? My OG was about 1054 and have already added 1 lb to primary three days after pitching yeast and plan to add another lb while racking to secondary and another a couple days before kegging.

you just calculate it like you were adding to the boil, its all the same. maple syrup is around 30ppg, so if this was 5gal, you'd be at 1.072 after all the additions (prolly a lil less since you'd be adding volume though, closer to 1.068 it seems)

3lbs seems like way too much. btw, i'd do all the additions in the primary (0.5-1lb per day), not sure what you're trying to gain by spreading them out like that

Thanks. I did a version of this a while ago with only 2 lbs added right at the start in the primary and it didn't retain much of the maple flavor. I was told this might help not sure if it will though

Latest posts

Back