Multiple kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manfish

Reaction score
So I have a 3 keg kegerator that I just finished and 2 of the kegs are ready to drink, yet the 3rd one I just put on the gas today. Problem is that I don't wanna over carb the 2 that are ready to drink, so should I just take them off the gas until wanting to drink them? I mean, that seems to make sense, but is it the right thing to do?

Thanks!

Use the set-it-and-forget-it method, which means that you put the carbing one on at the serving pressure. It'll be carbed properly in a few weeks (i average about 2.5 weeks before perfectly carbed when I set at 10psi). All three can be at the same pressure.

If you want it quicker (ie two days at 35-40psi) disconnect the other two. You'll overcarb them at that kind of pressure. I assume this is what you were asking about. However drat's method works great too, I'm just never that patient.

Latest posts

Back