Multiple Kegs, 1 faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty18

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Bev Air kegerator single tower with a Guinness faucet and coupler. I am going to add 2 more lines and a tower extension with 2 additional faucets for home brew. However if I want to run a home brewed stout with my Nitro set up should I pull the coupler off each time or t and check valve the gas and beer lines? I want to have the option of flipping between the Guinness coupler and the home brew couplers but not sure if "t-ing" off lines is a good or bad idea? Anyone do this? Thoughts? recommendations?

Also does anyone know if 1/6 Guinness kegs are available in the U.S./ north east? I spoke to a few of the local stores (I am in Boston) and they could only order 1/2 barrels.

Buy a corny gas post (+ any adapters needed) to screw onto your Guiness coupler gas post. Then there's no need to tee as your corny gas QD will fit both.

Buy a corny gas post (+ any adapters needed) to screw onto your Guiness coupler gas post. Then there's no need to tee as your corny gas QD will fit both.

I am not sure I follow you, do you have a link or pic to an example?

What about on the beer line would a t with check valve work or would air get trapped and/or could I have pressure problems?

from your nitro setup, put your corney gas quick-disconnect on the end.
then take your sanke tap for a guinness keg and modify with any necessary adapters so that the GAS IN on the sankey tap now accepts your ball-lock gas quick-disconnect.
now you can swap the nitro easily between a corney or your draft guinness keg.
you can do the same to the beer line if you want.

(from another thread)
coupler_together.jpg

coupler_apart.jpg

some of the parts here

Ah I see, I saw the other thread that was asking the same thing about the same time I posted. I have pin lock corneys but haven't seen a kit for them like the one in the picture.

I think These will cover me right?

from your nitro setup, put your corney gas quick-disconnect on the end.
then take your sanke tap for a guinness keg and modify with any necessary adapters so that the GAS IN on the sankey tap now accepts your ball-lock gas quick-disconnect.
now you can swap the nitro easily between a corney or your draft guinness keg.
you can do the same to the beer line if you want.

(from another thread)
coupler_together.jpg

coupler_apart.jpg

some of the parts here

Kind of overkill. Since the QD's have a 1/4"mfl connection you must be using hoses with a flare swivel anyway, why not just connect the hose with the 1/4" female flare to the MFL tailpieces! Eliminates the need for K107, K108 and 2x K168.

That's what I do anyway

Ah I see, I saw the other thread that was asking the same thing about the same time I posted. I have pin lock corneys but haven't seen a kit for them like the one in the picture.

I think These will cover me right?

Yes, those will cover you assuming your using MFL connectors on your hoses.

Kind of overkill. Since the QD's have a 1/4"mfl connection you must be using hoses with a flare swivel anyway, why not just connect the hose with the 1/4" female flare to the MFL tailpieces! Eliminates the need for K107, K108 and 2x K168.

I agree, just undoing a flare nut and reattaching is not much work and eliminates several leak points. I do the same to switch out beer and soda hoses in my 3 tap kegerator fridge.
Bob

Latest posts

Back