Mr. Beer refills.....in a glass carboy!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonedog

Reaction score
OK....so I got started, like so many with the Mr. Beer kit.....

My wife and mom in law bought 2 wine kits....did them today.....so....it made me get the fever again!

I have a 3 gallon glass carboy....capper, glass bottles, cap, siphon and air lock.....all from making cider!

So now I want to make some beer!

I want to use my glass carboy....and the Mr. Beer mixes!

So....how can I use my glass equipment and the Mr. Beer mixes?????

If you have all that stuff already...why not just get your self a large pot and go to extract brewing?

If you have made wine and cider, there's no reason you can't jump right into extract brewing immediately. Even partial mash, etc. I'm a noob and that's pretty much how i began.

And yeah, Mr. Beer kits in a 3gal carboy should work well. You may want to double up on the recipes and consider additional hops though.

Absolutely you can use your Mr B kit in a carboy. Mr B is just a different kind of primary. Welcome back to the wonderful world of brewing!

You use the kits just like you would in the little brown keg....just sanitize the glass fermenter and add the wort to it.

But don't toss you lil brown kegg, it comes in handy for small emperimental batches and even for making apfelwein...or doing all grain on a stove top with a 2 gallon cooler as a mash tun...I have a tutorial on that if you are ver interested.

:mug:

Power to the Mr. Beer! Since it's a 2.5 gal batch, that will work awesome. Got any good cider recipes? And welcome back!

You use the kits just like you would in the little brown keg....just sanitize the glass fermenter and add the wort to it.

But don't toss you lil brown kegg, it comes in handy for small emperimental batches and even for making apfelwein...or doing all grain on a stove top with a 2 gallon cooler as a mash tun...I have a tutorial on that if you are ver interested.

:mug:
Thank you! Now i know why i kept two of those stupid things around!:rockin: I just may go all grain on 2010. haha

Latest posts

Back