moving to Chandler AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMckeever

Reaction score
Will be making the cross country move back to AZ in about a month. Are there any local brew clubs in the area? We had lived in Chandler for 6 years but I never thought of looking for one before.

Will be making the cross country move back to AZ in about a month. Are there any local brew clubs in the area? We had lived in Chandler for 6 years but I never thought of looking for one before.

PM Chris.... (SoperBrew) he lives in Chandler and does all the brew club stuff. :mug:

I just moved to Cave Creek which is about 40 miles from Chandler.

SanTan Brewing is there. They are OK, I really like their Hefe. Good food, good beer and right there.

Don't know about any LHBS there.

Four Peaks and Sleepy Dog are both in Tempe (not far at all from Chandler)and they have good beer. Top's Liquor in Tempe has the best beer selection I have seen so far.

You won't miss the humidity at all. I will take 110 degrees here any day over 90 in Florida where I moved from. The people are also extremely friendly here (nicer than anywhere else I have ever been), and food is phenomenal.

If you're like me at all, you will really love it here.

Arizona Society of Homebrewers (ASH) is a good sized, active club, and the one I choose to affiliate myself with. Brewer's Connection will probably be your closest LHBS and they give 10% of all purchases to ASH to help fund events and pay for the club house. I hope to see you at ASH Oktoberfest (ASH and the Arizona BBQ club team up and it's the most amazing event of the year).

I just moved to Cave Creek which is about 40 miles from Chandler.

SanTan Brewing is there. They are OK, I really like their Hefe. Good food, good beer and right there.

Don't know about any LHBS there.

Four Peaks and Sleepy Dog are both in Tempe (not far at all from Chandler)and they have good beer. Top's Liquor in Tempe has the best beer selection I have seen so far.

You won't miss the humidity at all. I will take 110 degrees here any day over 90 in Florida where I moved from. The people are also extremely friendly here (nicer than anywhere else I have ever been), and food is phenomenal.

If you're like me at all, you will really love it here.

Check out Total Wine And More. You'll probably dig it.

Arizona Society of Homebrewers (ASH) is a good sized, active club, and the one I choose to affiliate myself with. Brewer's Connection will probably be your closest LHBS and they give 10% of all purchases to ASH to help fund events and pay for the club house. I hope to see you at ASH Oktoberfest (ASH and the Arizona BBQ club team up and it's the most amazing event of the year).

You guys meet on Thursday's, right?

Check out Total Wine And More. You'll probably dig it.

Already did. 5 miles from my house, and I really do like it. I go there 90% of the time I buy beer I didn't make. Top's is neat, but still takes too long to get to just for beer, so Total Wine is my usual place. But if I were as close to Tops as Chandler, I might go more often. :mug:

If by good sized, you mean the homebrew club with the largest membership in the world, then yes, we are. :rockin:

ASH meetings are on the 3rd tuesday of the month, based on statistics from NHC, ASH is the largest homebrew club in the nation, and we are always looking for new members!
I look forward to meeting you on a tuesday and having a homebrew. :mug:

There are a couple LHBS in the area, Brewers Connection on university in Tempe, and Brew Your Own Brew on baseline in Gilbert. each offer discounts to ASHers, BC is a 15% contribution to the club to help offset operations, and BYOB offers a 10% discount off your purchase at point of sale.

I'd love to join, but I always work on Tuesday nights.

I almost always have something going on during meeting nights too, but it's worth being a part of the club for the events like Oktoberfest, springfest and the occasional brewout.

Latest posts

Back