Moving Plant?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfp03001

Reaction score
Great news. My golding hops plant I planted last spring survived the winter and is breaking though :)

I was considering moving it this year however because I believe where I have it planted (the sunniest part of my yard) it was getting too much sun. Many of the leave were rather brown by the end of the season last year. This was worse on the bottom of the plant than the top; if that means anything. It also started interfering with other plants, which I don't have the authority to move...

200185_914254878821_9023842_48631430_6778860_n.jpg

Is it a good idea for me to move it? I am sure its better not too but how bad would it be? I am not exactly sure how to go about doing such either and when is the best time but, I imaged I could find other post here about that.

That discoloration is just 'old age' on the leaves. Some varieties look uglier than others once they've weathered the summer sun. Any time you can get out and do some digging is fine. It's better to move them early rather than late. If you wait too long you usually have a bunch of shoots grabbing at your arms as you're working on it.

Ok thanks, yeah that's kind of what i figured the sooner the better. I did think they liked a lot of sun, but I also read somewhere too much could make there leaves brown.

Latest posts

Back