Moving Bucket After Brewing????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnye

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I just received my first brew kit for christmas and had a quick question. As you may guess I'm very excited to get started in the obsession and want to taste my first brew as soon as I can. The only problem is that I am returning to college in 5 or 6 days so my question is whether or not it is ok to transport my bucket as it is fermenting if I brew it today or would I be better off to wait till I return.

Thanks

Dan

i say go for it. i transported a couple batches one time in the middle of their primary and they both were fine. about a 2.5 hr drive

its gona be fine, just secure it and drive like a grandma so you dont shake things up or it might start foming.

Does partially fermented beer count as an open container in Ohio? Other than that, I don't see a problem.

Does partially fermented beer count as an open container in Ohio? Other than that, I don't see a problem.

LOL! Unless he has a straw in the bucket while he is going down the road, I don't see a problem. Most officers wouldn't know what it was unless they asked, and two, even if they did know, they are likely home brewers themselves and would understand that no one (sane anyways) would try to drink their beer while it is still in primary.

It's a lot easier if you can get someone else to drive, and let you sit there and make sure it's okay.

Back